Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #245

Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 20:38:06 -0500
From: Kathy Linberg <linberg1234@attbi.com>

...I was unfortunately led away
too early to enjoy it because of my companion's fear of traffic jams. I
think some of you can appreciate that but I feel jipped! I felt jipped
before I read your posts describing it and I feel more so after I've read them.
You *were* gypped. That's the problem with going to shows accompanied by non-hardcores (or as I call them, "civilians"). The "Tommy" medley at the end, specifically Sparks, is nearly indescribable -- a do-not-miss performance. Newcomers may not realize it but it's been more than 20 years since Pete's consistently played Sparks and hit the heights he's hitting on it. Better luck next time, as keets said I hope you get to see more shows in their entirety.

Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:46:13 -0700
From: "Dennis C." <out_of_control@earthlink.net>

I'm sure even a person with avg. intelligence like myself
can sound like a sage when discussing the War on terrorism.
I'm not. It depends on what you say, and I hear a lot of NON-sage-ish stuff being said by Congressmen of average intelligence.

Hindsight is wonderful isn't it !, especially when your trying to
earn a few bucks.  Some of you just need to come to grips with the
fact that we aren't fighting an enemy whom follows the "Queensbury"
rules.
If you're talking about the upcoming talk in Irvine I posted about yesterday, it's far from "trying to earn a few bucks", it's free. And if you actually attend I think you'll find that Yaron has completely come to grips with the fact you mention.