Re: If they're gonna release live Who; Texan terrorists

Heavens, man, that's the kind of blind group loyalty that can get one
hauled up on charges these days

Alan:

It just so happens there's a Hell of a lot of Texans in his staff. But you're right; maybe BUSH is the terrorist!

I'm still not convinced that whoever happens to be occupying the White
House is truly responsible for the economy during their watch

It's all about consumer confidence and the budget, and his budget was the killer EVEN if you believe Clinton's were responsible for the recession (which would be a coincidence of amazing proportions, for Reagan's "work" to take 8 years to kick in but Clinton's started immediately when he left). According to CNN, 80% think Bush is mishandling the economy. I knew he would beforehand. What's happening now is worse than the recession, much worse. I don't see an end to it.

lifetime it seems that Democrat Presidents buy votes and goodwill by
expanding government entitlement programs

Bush has created the largest government this old planet has ever known. Reagan and Daddy Bush also made it larger, while it got smaller under Clinton. These are facts.

an opportunity to shoehorn in a swipe at Bush regardless of relevance.

As Roosevelt said, to do otherwise would be unpatriotic.

You guys are getting all worked up over nothing.  All the old live
stuff you're pining for will most likely be released in the next 5-10 years (knock
on wood).

Scott:

I'd believe you except that Who history teaches us otherwise. Instead it's all about potentials wasted. From the Blues album which was never released (pre-MG) to Good Loving a YEAR before the Rascals released it (and it made them stars) to Fillmore East 1968 (which would have altered their stature considerably) and so on, and so forth. Look how bloody long it took to get a decent-sounding (I hope!) version of MG! Almost 40 years!

Just go to a show, Mark

Jon:

Not possible, now. Same reason as Boston, no need for details here, but suffice it to say I'd be a selfish idiot to do so. Besides, and Jeff will say I take this stuff too seriously or it's too important to me, but I am happy to have my last live Who memory as Atlanta 2000. It was one awesome show. A hair less good as they were in 1975.

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML