Moon Reference/Who's on BBC

Repost from O&S:

> Hello all,
>
> I found this amusing little snippet in The Daily Mail this week,
> serialising David Essex' life story. You lot of hard core fans
probably already knew this!! but I didn't and it just made me smile. It
is so Keith. David is referring to the making of Stardust which was the
sequel to That'll Be The Day which of course starred Keith among
others......."But at least the film brought me back into the company of
Keith Moon, who was a wonderful distraction from all the craziness that
then surrounded me.
> Once, after a hard days filming, Keith persuaded the owner of a
> ten-pin bowling alley to open up for us at about 4.00am. Keith
advanced to bowl his first ball, but didn't let go. He slid down the
alley and disappeared into the gate mechanism. Another time he rigged
up a hidden speaker behind the radiator of his car. This was linked to
a microphone inside the vehicle, enabling him to scare people on
pedestrian crossings by booming "get out of the road"!! "
> END
>
> It seems strange to hear someone reffering to Keith as a 'distraction
> from all craziness' as he epitomsed craziness itself!! The book is
published bu Orion on August 29th and is titled Charmed
> Life.
>
> Back into lurking mode now! Just a reminder to all that can get  BBC
> Radio 2 Saturday 31st Aug 8.00pm first part of The Who; Their
generation.

> Valb

=====
God bless the thunder.  Love to The Who.
http://finance.yahoo.com