Re: If they're gonna release live Who...

I'm hardly looking forward to a bunch of
2002 live CDs by The Who with someone not named
Entwistle playing bass. Even if he was still around I would
rather have ONE pre-78 show than 20 2002 shows.

Bruce:

Exactly. And for the argument about which would be more interesting to general Rock fans, the answer would HAVE to be the older stuff! Which will sell more copies, the remastered Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out (due out Tuesday) or a live CD from the current Stones tour? I'm getting Ya-Ya's when I get the remixed MG Tuesday morning, I know that. I will order one of the Who's 2002 shows just to have it for a reference...I recently broke down and got Who's Last finally, because it was the only Who album I didn't have on CD. I listened to it once, doubt I ever will again. I expect the new one will suffer the same fate.

I suspect they're thinking the old material will appeal only to die-hard
fans, and that much of it is already bootlegged and so less attractive.

Keets:

Oh? Let's think about it...would you rather get a 2002 soundboard or a remixed, remastered full version of Live At The Fillmore East 1968? Or how about a 2002 VS the 1971 San Francisco show? All of which are bootlegged, but I'd pay for new copies in a heartbeat and grin when I handed over the cash. Besides, as AEB correctly points out, someone is making horrible management decisions. Like putting the wrong studio version of YMB on O&S, or holding back the Tommy part of LAL until after IOW came out, which surely cut into potential sales. And even then letting it sound like part of it was recorded in a tunnel. Not releasing a live boxed set. Not (yet) releasing all of the studio tracks, when they said they would. Not finding the stereo master tapes of AQO until AFTER the release, and then deciding not to rerelease a stereo version DESPITE THE FACT THEY INSISTED THEY WOULD IF THEY COULD. This is just the latest of many stupid moves. It's easy, I guess, so they do it.

Who->'s Left !!!
That's fuckin' great Mark!!

AEB:

Thank you kindly. I do try, even if if my detractors are unable to "get it."

I AM tired of these critique's of the Who by those
who have not seen any shows.

Mc:

And what if I said I disregard rave reviews from people who never saw a full Who concert with John Entwistle to compare the new shows with. If I really wanted to be anal, I could say I disregard any reviews from someone who never saw them with Moon. Only those of us who have can honestly compare any other live performance with The Who when they were in their prime. Think about that.

BTW, how do you feel about Mark Leaman's current criticism of The Who?
He's not seen any shows on this tour, either.

Jeff:

Regardless, no one has stepped forward to say that these shows are better than the 2000 tour. You'll never convince me the band plays as well as they did with JAE, he was half of their sound after Moon died. I've heard what they sound like on this tour. I know that when you're AT a concert, it's hard to be objective because there's an electricity in the air you want to give yourself to. I thought the 1989 tour was pretty damned great, I even had what I can only describe as a "spiritual moment" when the crowd softly sang the beginning of BBE, but upon reflection it was the worst of the many shows I've seen by them.

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML