Fwd: More thoughts on the Detroit show

From: Keithjmoon70@aol.com
Full-name: Keithjmoon70
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 18:48:56 EDT
Subject: More thoughts on the Detroit show
To: thewho@igtc

Hello all,

I just read the reviews on the site as well as re-reading my own for the
first time.  I have come down a bit, so I can think more clearly.

I don't know why "Doug" had his night spoiled a bit, but maybe it was the eye
contact thing.  They were definately there to do their job right and it was
not loose.  It was all business from the start.

I generally agree with what the other reviewers said, especially regarding
the crowd support, but I want to clarify a couple things if I can.

Pete's comments about seeing 1 Saab and 1 Mercedes and one other foriegn car
were nothing to do with carpooling.  It was after he said that "I hear you
used to make cars here." And it was a nod of the head to the loyalty that we
have to our own pruducts.  He was impressed by this and he was very emphatic.
There IS honor in loyalty even when things are not as you may want them.  I
feel this way about The Who.  I sensed that he also feels this way about the
one city that bought My Generation in the U.S. when it came out. - I am not
unloyal to my wife when she is sick, for it is then that she needs me the
most.  The Who have done their part and proved it again to me last night.
They do their job!  They wore us out.  I am just now recovering and I was not
even on stage.

Another thing is that I influenced many to go that may not have gone. All of
them had the same summary which was a shaking of the head in disbelief.  Even
my ex wife and her husband -as well as my present wife were  there.  My ex
said "Jon you were absolutely right.  They are sounding just incredible. I
have never heard anyone that can touch them!" (She used to work as a suite
server at the palace for years and saw every show that came through, thus
knowing who is good and who is not in a fair comparison).

The stodgy crowd in the expensive seats around me were a bit put off by my
wildness form the start, but at the end of it all I was getting high fives
and loud laughter out of them all.  They lost their faces and gave back. But
that was row 5.  I don't know what row 2's problem was ;)

Jon in Mi.