Re: Tonight's show at the Palace of Auburn Hills

Scott Schrade wrote:

> I have a few questions:
>
> 1. Was "Who Are You" still early in the set?  Like fourth?
>
> 2. Did Pete talk a lot in between songs?  Or just a few words here & there?
>
> 3. So "Bargain" was played?  Not "I Can See For Miles?
>
> 4. Is Pete still jumping around, doing the pogo, & generally going nuts when he plays?
>
> 5. Any mention of Entwistle from Pete or Roger?

This fellow named Doug has a Detroit review that Matt posted on the PT chat board. Doesn't
seem to be the same show that Jon reviewed.

magik

Doug's Review:
Like many of you I had my WHO day planned well in advance. My wife and I got to the Palace
around 530pm so that we could take advantage of the pre-concert party. At 730pm we got
inside and took our most excellent seats in the 2ND ROW. Yes 2nd Row. I have never seen
the WHO so close before and boy was I looking forward to it. After a brief video intro the
WHO took the stage and they seemed to come out swinging. No smiles just pure musicianship.
Roger's voice has  never been better. I recommend seeing this show for that reason alone.
In addition, Roger appeared to be this evening's frontman, for Mr. Townshend had very
little to say. In fact, from my vantage point Mr. Townshend looked as if he wanted to be
anywhere but on stage. He rarely broke a smile and said nothing more than a few words and
when he did it was towards the end of the show. In fact, his lack luster attitude began to
effect me and those around me. I can understand how performers can have "off nights" but
with everything that's happened (John's passing) you'd think that the major players in the
band would go out of their way to promote a positive atmosphere. Don't get me wrong,
musically Pete was strong. As were Zak and Rabbit and Simon and Pino. But the lack of
enthusiasm in Pete Townshend was enough to spoil the event for me. Even when the TOMMY
encore came, Pete seemed to do his utmost to avoid eye contact with the audience. He
seemed tired. I'm not sure what a WHO day consists of but you'd think that Pete could
muster enough energy and, if need be, pop a few happy pills, to make it through a 2 hour
show. Pete...you ruined the night for me and several others! But alas Roger, the consumate
frontman sang and appeared to enjoy himself.

All hail Witchblade! Peace, Doug