Re: The Who = Spinal Tap

One thing is, I also belong to those who think, that the instant JAE
replacement was no good.
It did take everybody by surprise. The quick replacement makes it seem it might have been set up in advance. Also, Pete's comments make it seem there was an element of luck that they happened to catch Pino in the US and in between gigs. I'm sure they didn't think about proper timing. Once they'd made a decision, they just got it together as fast as they could to save as many shows as they could.

The other thing is, The Who does not put up "a tired nostalgia act". Who gigs are still spectacular shows and still belong to Rock's finest stuff (ever). Before judging negatively, the writer should go and see an actual show of the band.
That's about what I said when I emailed them about the article. Everyone feel free to send in your comments. That's what they post their email address for, after all. ;)

letters@nationalpost.com

keets