Re: The Who = Spinal Tap

John William Kendall wrote:

Well, very critical article.

One thing is, I also belong to those who think, that the instant JAE
replacement was no good.

Having attended the first Who-> concert w/o Entwistle, I must
say that I am very pleased that they did find an "instant"
JAE replacement, but, in the overall picture it remains to be
seen whether there was wisdom in this decision. Witness the
Kenny Jones (yes, I know he was made an official member and
that this is different)as Moonie's replacement fiasco that
continues to this day among fans.

The other thing is, The Who does not put up "a tired nostalgia act". Who gigs
are still spectacular shows and still belong to Rock's finest stuff (ever).

Well said John, and inarguably the truth. I might add that,(as many
have attested to), the fire and vengance with which Pete, Roger, Zak,
Simon, Rabbit and Pino performed was spectacular, although different than before, to be sure.

Before judging negatively, the writer should go and see an actual show of the
band.

Man, is that the truth or what?

AnEnglishBoy~