Re: Gold records

In a message dated 8/15/02 8:12:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, leb905@yahoo.com
writes:

> The Who's Ultimate Collection has been certified Gold after a fairly
> short time on the market.  Does anybody think that might predict a new
> album would sell as well?

That is just great to hear.  (I have been going to best buy a few times to
put a stack of this cd in plain view as you enter the door).

It was very good timing to get this collection out to let many in this latest
generation know who The Who are. (Duh).  VH1 and and their stunning
performance last fall turned alot of heads.  No doubt this will impact a
future new album, but gold? I hope that all of this gives Pete the confidence
to put out something that will smash this barrier. I believe (hope) that it
is why he is sticking with The Who.

Psychoderelict is great.  it just did not get noticed because it was not The
Who.  I love what Pete was trying to get across there.  But he was looking in
the rear-view mirror.  "I could really dream then..."  "What happened to the
dream?"

 Don't tell me that he cannot dream!  Don't tell me that there are still no
unanswered questions in this  horrible life.  Don't tell me that he can no
longer find the music to fit these feelings that we all have.  I don't want
to hear that he no longer has them himself.

There is such a thing in this universe as the truth.  I want to hear the
eloquent results of his persuit of it.  WITH powerchords!

Jon in Mi.