Re: Where's Pete?

> Maybe Pete, nowadays, has had improved his skill on
> soloing, but in his entire career, he wasn't exactly a
> greater soloist.

I understand what you're saying, however, as far as I'm concerned,
Pete's solos get me off like no one else's.  But you hear people say
every now & then, "Oh, Pete Townshend wasn't a good soloist.  He
was more of a rhythm player," etc., etc.

> Pete himself said that, in many many
> interviews, talking about his decision about to
> concentrating on rhythm guitar and to developing the
> power chords and so on after seeing people like Eric
> Clapton and Jeff Beck playing live,

Funny, with all that talent, I'm still not buying albums by Jeff Beck or
Eric Clapton.

> I remember only one or two solos
> remarkable of the entire career of Pete, and those are
> the solo on 5:15 and Bargain.

Well, then, I've got some very nice versions of "Young Man Blues"
that might possibly make you wet your pants.  "Heaven & Hell," too.
"Amazing Journey / Sparks," too.  "My Generation," too........

> Maybe because that Pete isn't remembered as a top 10 guitarist.

Then that crap-ass list should've been called The Best Rock Guitar
*Soloists* Of All Time.  Even then......

Aw, fuck it.....

- SCHRADE in Akron