Re: Itchy and Scratchy combo guitar - It's Pete's fault

	>From: "Scott Schrade"
>
>I don't know about that.  Even the dumbest Rock fans *must* identify Pete
>as a guitarist as well as a songwriter.  It's not like his guitar playing
was / is
>secondary to his songwriting.  You gotta be a real dolt to view Townshend
>as a mainly a songwriter & only a "passable" guitarist.  I mean, c'mon!
>
>I'm getting angry again.

Ok, so what is it???

What I think you guys are overlooking is the damage Pete inflicted on
himself with the various tours of him grumping around on stage uninterested
and strumming numbly on an acoustic.
This put the "public viewable critics" against him, which in turn influenced
(albeit blindly) the mass public.
Had Pete been playing all along as he is now, I think it would all be
different.

But, as we all know Pete's playing is the ultimate.
Hell, he's currently giving Eddie "VanHeineken" a run for his money (not
that I think that sort of playing is the end-all).

Kevin in VT