Re: Itchy and Scratchy combo guitar

Exactly. Somehow passion, creativity, & feeling get overlooked in favor of popularity, speed, rote, & banality. You're right. It's just the "general public." Maybe I should've been upset if he *was* included in the top ten!
This is fairly standard in popular art in general these days, not just in music. It's difficult to find someone who will take a chance on real creativity, for example a manager of young bands. They'd rather have the formulaic Nsync stuff. I agree that's more dependable and it's good enough for most fans, but more discerning types (us) like the real thing, quirky and undependable as it is.

keets