Re: Itchy and Scratchy combo guitar

> Let me play devil's advocate for a moment. The list in question was a poll
> of the general public.  The general public does not really see Pete
> Townshend as a guitarist. He's primarily viewed as a songwriter by the
> unwashed masses.

I don't know about that.  Even the dumbest Rock fans *must* identify Pete
as a guitarist as well as a songwriter.  It's not like his guitar playing was / is
secondary to his songwriting.  You gotta be a real dolt to view Townshend
as a mainly a songwriter & only a "passable" guitarist.  I mean, c'mon!

I'm getting angry again.

> Just a wild guess.  Maybe he just doesn't fit the mold of your traditional
> guitar hero.

Or at least the mold established by guitar techies who pour over Guitar Player
magazine.  I think a lot of those idiots see Pete as a sloppy player who has
the nerve to smash a precious guitar every now & then.  Such sacrilege.  How
dare he!  Eric Clapton would *never* do *that!*

It's the same way drum techies view Moon.  Poor "chops," they say.

> I also think it sucks that many of the blues greats are left off these
> lists.  Some of them rock harder and play with more feeling than 10
> Metallica dudes.

Exactly.  Somehow passion, creativity, & feeling get overlooked in favor of
popularity, speed, rote, & banality.  You're right.  It's just the "general public."
Maybe I should've been upset if he *was* included in the top ten!

Still, let's call the general public "idiots" one more time, OK?

One, two, three........IDIOTS!!

- SCHRADE in Akron