Itchy and Scratchy combo guitar

Joe L said "I call it the Combo style.  The five-fingered - pick, and strum;
base and rhythm; finger and pick; single note and chord; key signature
changing; fast-strum with sustained-drama-building sonic explosions -
style."

Joe,
It seems that you've essentially created and defined your own style.  You've
attached so many descriptive adverbs and adjectives that I just cannot
follow you.

Where's Jimi, Buddy and SRV on your list of combo guys?  They played rhythm
and lead at the same time as well.  They switched back and forth between
several styles.  I'm sure there are other players that I can't think of at
the moment.  My guess is that they aren't on your list because they don't
trip your trigger.

BTW, if were going to list, score and rank people, I guess it shouldn't be
too much of a surprise that people in our little group think Pete should
always come out on top.  I think Pete's a cool dude, but I wouldn't score or
rank him against any other brilliant artist such as Clapton or Hendrix.  It
just feels too goddamn sports-talk-radio for my sensibilities.

I love Jimi, EC, Buddy and SRV.  There are times when I just need to listen
to them play.  Nothing else feels like "Machine Gun", "Crossroads", "Texas
Flood" or "Damn Right I've Got the Blues" sometimes.  There are times when I
need to hear some of the songs they've written.  I just have an itch that
only they can scratch.  I feel the same about Pete.

Should I count up the number of itches, score them by severity and rank the
amount of relief that comes from hearing a killer tune of theirs? Of course
not.  That would be silly :-D

Jeff