"So I can keep coming back."

"It's been interesting for me to do this work without feeling in any way
that I'm doing it only because I don't want John to be forced to drink good,
inexpensive Australian or Californian wine instead of the forty year old
priceless red French muck he favoured. I'm doing this now so I can keep
coming back. With a smile on my face. How weird is that?"  PT  8/8/02

"I'm doing this now so I can keep coming back."
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
"So I can keep coming back."
Whot?  Pete's going to keep coming back??  On his own accord?  Without Roger
beating him over the head with his mike?
"How weird is that?"
*VERY* weird, Pete.  Very weird.
About as weird as it gets.
I don't know how to feel.
Part of me wants it all to come to an end.  To preserve what has been. To
give the past it's just due.  To maintain the respect that the past
deserves.  More importantly, to avoid future bashing, nose thumbing, asshole
critic musing, "ney" saying.
The other part of me looks on with musical interest and excitement of what
could be.  Ohhhhh, the possibilities!  Will Pete go forward with a new
album?  Will Pete continue with his "The Boy Who Heard Music" multi-media
concept?  Will this include "The Who" ?   Will there be more tours?  Will
they continue to be a raw stripped-down band?

To let die brings closure.
To continue to live brings endless possibilities, most good but some bad.

I just don't feel comfortable either way.  At least yet.

Kevin in VT