MyGen DvD/Guitar Gods?

>It is a PAL, Dolby Digital/AC-3 5.1 and 2.0 mixes

>and runs for 3 hours, picture and sound quality are

>quite good. Features 'My Generation', also found on

>the 'Woodstock 8-16-69' LD and DVD NTSC Japanese

>imports.

Is this the FULL performance at Woodstock?  Brian, please provide the
details; I was a bit confused by this article (surprise, eh?).  Could this
mean there's actually footage of the Abbie Hoffman incident???  "3 hours"?
Please say three hours INCLUDING the full Woodstock set... please...

Scott:

>"....without suffering all the hype we've known?. How can they bung us

>up?"

>My guesses anyway.

"...hype we've known.."  That works!  Kudos on your guesses.

>>Does anyone have the "definitive" of lyrics for "Dreaming from the Waist"

>>and "How Many Friends"???

>Yeah.....Pete!

Oh a wise guy, eh?  I'm a victim of soi-cumstance!!!  No offense Scott, but
when I read your reply, I could swear I heard Larry Fine's voice, followed
by a "What are ya butting in for" by Moe.  Do you remember the gem when the
Stooges were learning how to read?  "See the deer, does the deer have a
little doe?"  Larry:  "Yeah, two bucks" (SMACK!)

>Why Pete Townshend is so underrated?

Baffles the mind, doesn't it?  Kurt Kobain was a good performer, player,
vocalist, but better than Pete?  Ugh.  And Kurt is one of the least
offensive compared to the other "better" guitarists than Pete.

>Those things are created by elitist idiots who like to believe they

>have a true grasp on rock history. Idiots, idiots, idiots. Fools.

>Rage Against The Machine?! What the fuck?! Give me a break.

How true Scotty.  Those lists mean nothing.  I usually will throw a glance
at them to see where a Who member would be ranked, but usually - like this
list - I end up turning away disgusted instead.  Rubbish!  Slash?????

>but they forget what an amazing guitarist he is.

Mc:  That they do.  I agree with Jon here:

>Pete is my favorite anyway you slice it. It is his playing that gets me.

>Maybe it is just my particular taste, but I happen to have good taste!

>Jon in Mi.

Depending on the artist, I will take "playing from the heart" over
virtuosity any day.  I think the Joe Satrianis and Eddie Van Halens of the
world are incredible at what they do, but they just don't get me off like
Pete does.  Neil Young, Keith Richards, Dave Davies, Bob Mould, are all in
that non-virtuoso category, but their playing seems to hit me in a primal
and ethereal sort of way.  Sometimes, it seems that loud guitarists don't
get the respect of the fret freaks, ie, Steve Howe (whom I love).

Not to mention that Pete is "great" by default.  Being the lone guitar in
such an influential band like The Who ("lone" in most incarnations) Pete can
only be one of the greats.  The yahoo that compiled the list of guitarist
greats is what Scott called him:  an elitist idiot.  Obviously forgot that
you need to be a guitar monster to make a trio breathe, let alone do what
The Who has done throughout their career.

Jim in Colo Springs