Re: quirky Pete

In a message dated 8/10/02 8:38:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
whocasa@adelphia.net writes:

> think his playing style is great because he changes it so often.  I'm no
> technician but this aspect of Pete's playing has always appealled to me.
> You never quite know what to expect from him.

Exactly.  He is never boring.  That is the reason that I like Led Zeppelin
-until I get tired of them again the same week.

  Since Lela put up the words to Another Tricky Day,  I got out Face dances
again and have been giving it my first intense listen since it came out.  I
really like Pete on both "The Quiet One's"  (he always added something
special to John's songs).  I also like "Daily Records".  completely
different.  Pete's voice is georgeous on this one.

Jeff, to prove your point- just think of the guitar on "Can you help the one
you really love" then "Athena" then "Bargain" then "Sunriise" then "I can see
for miles" then "Overture" then "Heart to hang onto" then  the "Who are You"
break then "Brr" then "Eminence front"  then "Let's get pretentious" then
"Dreaming from the waist" then "Love reign o'er me"  then "Water"...  Is this
the same guitar player???   Pete Keep 'em coming!!!

Jon in Mi.