Re: who's callous

In a message dated 08/09/2002 11:54:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> WHO'S CALLOUS: Go! is not thrilled with the remaining members of The Who
> right now. Sure, we know the old addage about how the show must go on, but
> when bassist John Entwistle died of cardiac arrest on the eve of the band's
> world tour, we think they should have canceled it. Out of respect. Despite
> their recent callousness, however, the band remains one of the greatest of
> our time. So Go! recommends that you go see "Tommy," songwriter-guitarist
> Pete Townshends first foray into rock opera, the story of a sensorially
> challenged pinball wizard and his rise to fame. The 1975 film, directed by
> Ken Russell, stars Elton John, Ann-Margret, Tina Turner, Jack Nicholson,

You'd think if a writer was going to rip a group like this one did the Who,
he would check the spelling of their names.  Amateurish to throw this into a
promo for "Tommy" on the big screen.  And how does he not mention Keith Moon,
who actually had a character in Tommy, unlike Pete who had random roles as
musicians and sung amazing journey and sally simpson as narrator.  Hell, how
much does he respect John by not mentioning that he was in the movie also?
In fact, on screen about as much as Pete.  Clapton also gets no mention.

mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971