Mark's best guess

bushchoked said "I can only speak from hearing boots, having been fortunate
enough to escape the Boston show to see the carnage for myself, but like
Jones afore him it seems Pino is (not a bad bass player or anything but) not
the right person for the job."

Mr. bush,
Please tell us what boot you've heard, what the sound quality of the
recording is, and how your assessment of the sound on the current tour might
possibly relate the the experience of hearing it live.

The great thing about the band right now is that they really have a chance
to begin anew.  They are recreating their sound yet again.  Of course it
doesn't sound the same without Entwistle and Moon, and they are not trying
to sound the same.  They are trying to sound good.  It sounds to me like
they are winning that battle.  Those who have seen multiple shows this tour
seem to agree that they are getting better with every outing.

Don't give up on them Mr. bush.  Open up to what's left of The Who.  You
might just enjoy it if you let yourself :-D

Just a little curious and a little snide,
Jeff

PS.  I can't believe that I'm typing this sentence, but I agree with mc.
The intensity of Pete and Roger's efforts fill in the Ox gaps quite nicely.
Ouch!