Re: pete's quote on future who at MSG

In a message dated 08/07/2002 9:54:50 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> >Well, Gloria, I have encouraging news.  At the Aug 1 show, Pete stated
> >clearly that he hopes the band will be able to return to New York again in
> >the future.  Now why would he say that if they plan this to be the end?  He
> >said they'll be back as long as they are able.  Maybe a tour with the new
> >album?  Too much to hope for?
>
> You know Pete.  He no longer rules anything out, because if he says
> it, Rolling Stone will quote him on it!
>
> Jason

This is an excellent point, Jason, but why would Pete say anything at all if
he didn't want to play with the Who in the future?  I think even Pete now
realizes that the Who is the best vehicle for his creative pursuits.  Whether
he chooses to follow that and work on a new Who album or not, remains to be
seen.

mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971