Who fandom at an ebb??? and White Boots.

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: Who fandom at an ebb ????  Not this fan.
>
>"You're rating a Who show *without* Ent-
>wistle a 9 out of 10?!"
>
>This got me to thinking (!).  I guess I'm separating Entwistle completely
>from these shows (duh).  I mean, it's not like he was there & played
>poorly!  These shows must be judged properly & fairly.

Ok, set me straight here.
Do your rankings of the shows change when you consider John's absence??
For the record, I agree with your rankings.  I think Hershey would have been
a 10 had John's classic "Woooooops" and other thunderings been present.
But, a 9 out of 10 is one fucking powerful show.
Volume and distinct low-end were key.
Well, and the fact that Pete completely played like a possessed person
re-visiting IOW.

>Sure we all miss The OX.  But his absence doesn't diminish the skills
>of the rest of the band.

Something I've learned on this tour...is we've lost John, but we haven't
lost the bass portion of The Who's sound.  It's perhaps not
as....as....hmmmmm..metalic? , but it's there, able, and if the volume is
up, it's in your face and doing quite nicely.
It's not John, and never again will be.

>My theory -  Townshend is playing like a maniac because, now that
>John is gone, the competition between him & Daltrey is that much
>more focused.  The "E"-buffer in TED is now gone.  And Pete is sure
>as hell not gonna lose out on stage to Daltrey!  Pete's gonna make
>damn sure he steals each show.......even more so than in 2000.

Hmmmm, I see your point.
I have a bit of a different take though.
I see T & D coming together to jointly raise the bar so as to compensate for
the lack of E.
A unified joining of forces if you will.

>Cousin Kevin, thanks for the detailed review of our 3 shows.  You help-
>ed cement my memories!

My pleasure.  Helped me to put my thoughts together too.  And helped to pass
the time.
Never wrote a review on the back of diner place matts before.

>Quick correction - Townshend only fucked up *once* at the beginning
>of the Hershey show.  When he first tried to start "Can't Explain" he
>either didn't have his guitar turned up or he dropped his pick.  The
>*second* time he was playfully mocking himself by pretending to strike
>the chord but missing the strings.  Then he told us all to fuck off.  :-)

Hmmmmmmmmm, you sure about that??
Could easily be.
HEY STU IN MD!!!!!!!!!!
Where are you on this??
Lori??  You were there.  Was the second "miss" on purpose??
I could have sworn he "fumbled" with his pick on the second one.
What I *am* sure of is he stated right after the two "psychs"......"FUCK
OFF...*ALL* OF YOU!"
Got to love it.
I laughed my ass off.
My casual Who-fan friends stood there in shock and then looked around like
"Uh oh, man this dude is nuts!"  (in a good way)

>LONG LIVE THE WHO!!

<sigh> Amen cousin.

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: get-togethers
>
>> If you don't understand or have only some stupid smart or
>> should I say dumb ass remark simply don't reply.
>
>Sometimes it's difficult not to!  However, I apologize for my
>"dumb ass" remark.  It was kinda funny, though, wasn't it?

Careful Scott, sounds like you're about to get a white boot up yo ass.
;-)

Kevin in VT