Re:gloria in detroit and no more who

In a message dated 08/05/2002 8:15:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> I have been looking forward to this
> all year. And it will be hard to not see John standing there in his cowboy
> boots. I keep thinking this might be the last time I ever get to see them
> perform. Do you all think this is true???

Well, Gloria, I have encouraging news.  At the Aug 1 show, Pete stated
clearly that he hopes the band will be able to return to New York again in
the future.  Now why would he say that if they plan this to be the end?  He
said they'll be back as long as they are able.  Maybe a tour with the new
album?  Too much to hope for?

mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971