Who fandom at an ebb ???? Not this fan.

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: John & cocaine & Who fandom at an ebb
>
>Some performances, as Kevin cites for instance, were less than great. And
this is where their
>legacy will be left. They won't be remembered for the great shows of this
tour...but the least
>of them. They won't be remembered for going on through adversity...but
instead the "disregard"
>for a 40 year partner.

Hmmmm, I don't think so.
All the reviews have been so strong.
Just to clarify, I thought Boston was off.  But that's coming from a pretty
analytical who-fan.  My "casual Who-fan friends" thought Boston was great.
I think Boston was just a fluke.  I mean, even Matt Kent commented in his
diary that Boston was off for some reason, "didn't have that spark", which
is exactly what Schrade, Stu and I were feeling/saying.  But, all the rest
of the shows rocked (from what I saw, and from what Matt has posted).
But, you're right on one level.  There'll be those out there that will focus
on continuing the tour so fast, just like there are those that focus on
Pete's sexuality, and reunion tours, and bla, bla, bla, bla.

Boy, you need to catch yo-self a show.  :-)
Unless you hit a fluke like Boston, what you'll find is:
1) Pete completely on fire.  I mean blistering.
2) Roger in the best voice I've ever heard him.
3) Zak a MONSTER!!!!
4) A power house of a band that delivers ferocious music to a stunned
audience.

With that said, as The Who walked off stage at Hershey, I strained to catch
the very last glimpse (happened to be Roger) of the last member of The Who
leaving the stage.  I followed Rog until I couldn't see him any longer.
Then, a BIG sigh.
I fear that will be the last time I ever "The Who" on stage.

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: the world's my home.....when I'm MOBILE!
>
>Thanks for the diary, Kevin.  These were cool adventures.  :)

Wouldn't have happened had I not been stuck for several hours with nothing
to do.

>>Keets (fellow Corn Shucker) *always* a pleasure.  What a wonderful person
>>and class act.
>
>Why, thank you.  :) The feeling is mutual.

<blush>

>Loved the corn, too.

Surprisingly good for this early!

>Yeah!  A new Who fan!  I've got something great to send to you privately.
> >:)

Oh boy, a gift!!!!!!!!!
I followed George Ligouri's cue and purchased one of those xs girl
Who-t-shirts.  It'll make the perfect sleeper for Jr. !!

Kevin in VT