[no subject]

How did Pete Townshend end up doing guitar on the
Heathen track Slow Burn?

"That was (producer) Tony (Visconit) and myself's only
concession to the past in a way because Pete was on
the last album we ever made together -- Scary
Monsters. So we thought, 'We'll make that the past to
present connection.' "

What did you think of The Who's decision to tour so
shortly after the death of bassist John Entwistle?

"Oh, my, that's not for me to say. That's absolutely
Pete's thing. I have yet to talk with Pete since
John's death. I would feel very out of place
commenting."

Will you go see The Who on tour?

"Definitely. I mean I saw them last year when they
were working in Madison Square Garden on their own
show, after the New York show. I thought they were
just wonderful."

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!