Re: Who fandom at an ebb

Mark, I'm starting to get seriously worried about you.  You're sinking
into a pretty severe depression here.

Keets:

Actually, no, not a depression. This just concerns my Who fandom. Sure, it's not making me happy that a band I spent a good portion of my time promoting (even naming my store after one of their songs, you know...the one John's bass solo made famous) has let me down, but it's just about the shift from wanting to listen to their music to staring at their CDs and not being interested.

 I visualize you sitting in the dim,
twillit back reaches of the store and moping about what might have
been.

Nah, for one thing the store is quite brightly lit. Nor am I moping, it's just as described above.

The doctor prescribes live Who.  Get your butt to a show.

I have the feeling a "Who's Left" show would just make it worse. After seeing the reviews, I'm glad I wasn't at the Boston show...wouldn't want that to be my last memory of live Who. Instead I have that wonderful Atlanta 2000 show where Pete channeled Eddie Van Halen (you know, you were there) for my final show. THAT was a world-class show.

          "To announce that there must be no criticism of the
               president, or that we are to stand by the president
                 right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
                    but is morally treasonable to the American public."
                             President Theodore Roosevelt, Republican                                              Cheers             ML