Throwing Bottles/Tricky Day?

Jason:

>Apparently it did, and Roger was fucking ANGRY about it. He was on the

>verge of a tantrum. He went to the edge of the stage and threatened the

>person that threw it to come down to the stage. (I have no clue if he

>really knew who threw it or not, I don't imagine how he could have seen it

>coming).

I had a similar experience back in Chicago with my old band.  We did an
outdoor gig for a party, and some clown thought hurling water balloons at
our nice electrical equipment was a great idea.  No, you don't see them
coming.  I saw a water-explosion just shy of the soundboard that was off to
my left, where the first balloon fell short.  Before I knew what was
happening, I got hit right in the SG - direct hit.  Then I knew what
happened.  Right in the middle of the song, myself and the rest of the band
dropped our stuff and took off after the guy.  We got a couple shots in
before he was whisked off by his friends.  So I can see why Roger was so
pissed, he could've gotten hurt badly.  Luckily for me, I had my guitar
grounded that very day.  Otherwise it would have been an electrifying rock
and roll death.

I don't know what posesses people to throw stuff like that.  Be it a
concert, a sporting event, whatever.  I remember hearing that John Cougar
Mellancamp got hit with a bottle while opening for The Who during the 82
tour too.

Bras and panties are acceptable items to throw at the stage, but I think
that's it.  Who knows, like Glenn said, maybe that guy was from Jersey...

Philly Joe:

>Maybe... the collective enthusiasm is leaving this

>camp. No worries though. Just another change. No crisis.

>Just another tricky day.

You're right, no crisis.  Aside from lamenting John's passing, the passion
still rages on in this Kid.  Some have stated losing something with the
band's decision to keep playing, but the love for The Who is something that
I think will always be a part of me.  It is just another tricky day and one
we'll get through.

Jim in Colo Springs