Bayrd Passes (the fly in threes)

It appears another talent has been lost. This just in
and borrowed from TheByrdmaniax list:

Kevin Kelly, who briefly played drums for the Byrds
in the "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" era has died.

This from alt.obituaries: "I just got a call that
drummer Kevin Kelly was found dead in his North
Hollywood apartment a few days ago - he was 58.
He had been dead for a couple of weeks. Sorry to
say this but years of depression, careless living and
too much fun had taken their toll on this once tough
ex-Marine. Country rock/roots fans will remember
his work with Phil Ochs, Tim Hardin, 60s band The
Rising Sons - featuring Taj Mahal and Ry Cooder,
and The Byrds albums "Sweethearts of the Rodeo"
and "The Notorious Byrd Brothers". He was a great
drummer and a sweet guy who I'd known for 20 years.
He had no family but a memorial get together of his
friends and fans will occur at the Sportsman's Lodge
on Ventura Blvd in North Hollywood this Friday
night 4/26/02. -

BUS Janice http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/3886/index.html
Moderator(country music) Steel Guitar Forum
http://www.steelguitarforum.com/"