Re: who videos...

Not to get too technical but I just wanted to chime
in on something from last week. (Many digests and a
whole lotta scrollin' goin' on).  :(

GenWalk83@aol.com re:

>and they also did one for "another tricky day" i believe. once again, same
>setting, same hair, clothes, everything as "you better you bet" and "don't
>let go the coat".

Actually there are some minor differences between each video.
"You Better You Bet" - Pete w/beige Telecaster and John w/Alembic
"Don't Let Go The Coat" - Pete w/Rickenbacker and John w/Steinberger
"Another Tricky Day" - Pete w/black Schecter and John w/Alembic

All but John have their jackets off for "Another Tricky Day".
(For all the patriots out there, Pete's jacket is from the
uniform of a U.S. Navy lieutenant).

SCHRADE in Akron re:

>Someone help:  *Did* Roger wear a draped *sweater* in the "Don't Let
>Go The Coat" video?

He wears the scarf in all 3.

mc re:

>But it's rock n roll!  Who says anyone needs to look presentable?  Pete and

>Rog looked ragged as hell in that Join Together video from Wbetter, Wbest,
>but still were cool as hell. Roger a yuppy?  I don't think so.  How many
>sheet metal workers who grow up to become mega rock stars with long hair,
>bare chests on stage, and sing profane lyrics end up wearing a sweater tied

>around their neck while playing a song live?  You certainly know more than
>about how the Who's videos were produced, but I'm just hesitant to believe
>that pete and rog came up with those ridiculous looks.  I believe you, but
>their images are nevertheless disturbing.

It would seem pretty obvious that they were just trying
to change with the times, no? Facial hair, long hair
& sideburns weren't exactly hip in 1981. (In certain
parts of the world, anywho).

There is a great interview in the 1983 documentary
"Cool Cats" where Roger admits to not really liking
the hippie styles. According to him it made everyone
"look like a bunch of old grannies".

"They say that nakedness is what our Lord intended" - PDBT
Stoo