Re: Are the Who important? Is ROCK important?

I liked U2 very much by the time of Boys, Unforgetable
Fire and Joshua Tree (the classic one), but deslike
them after Zoo. They are good anyway, of course.

I always think that U2 've had his roots on Who, and
that his name were an hidden homenage to the horrible
'oo - the 'oo #2 - U2.

I didn't know that Bono had made the iduction of The
Who into the Hall of Fame. Anyone has the speech? I
would like to see.

> >Here's the deal the way I see it. Rock isn't nearly
as relevant as it used
> >to be. Enter hip-hop, the club scene, pre-fab
teeny-boppers, etc. They're
> >more relevant today (not waying they're better,
just more timely). As far
> >as importance, rock isn't important, but rock bands
are as important as
> >they try to be. For example, U2 are important
because they have grand
> >aspirations and are doing things that matter. They
put their money where
> >their mouths, are. Plus they still make music. The
Who are important for
> >their contirubtions to rock, but that's a long time
ago...

> Is that forgotten already?
>
> From Bono's iduction of The Who into the Hall of
Fame, I gather The Who were
> his inspration for having grand aspirations and
doing things that matter.
> Do you think an influence beyond music is the key?
A political or
> philosophical contribution?
>
> Certainly this gets Wagner into the history books.
I seem to recall that
> Mondrian was as noted for his writings as his art.
But then many other
> "important" artists seem to leave only art behind.
Is this because of their
> personal importance to a large number of fans?
>

> keets
>
> keets

> MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print
your photos:

Yahoo! Empregos
O trabalho dos seus sonhos pode estar aqui. Cadastre-se hoje mesmo no Yahoo! Empregos e tenha acesso a milhares de vagas abertas!
http://br.empregos.yahoo.com/