Re: are the who important?

>Importance really does not matter in the grand scheme of things.  I mean,
>if the WHO, Stones, Beatles, Zep and other never existed, would we have the
>music of today or would be have something else?

Certainly the course of music history would have been changed.  Depending on
the prevailing culture, some other trend of the time would have developed.
A different blending of folk and blues?  That would be white and black music
again, but there are other ways the two could have combined.

Clearly The Beatles were the big ambassadors of rock, and the Stones gave it
a bad boy twist.  Who was the biggest influence on electric guitar work?
Not Les Paul.  Hendrix?

keets

LB