Re: Who's Who on McVicar

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:03:43 -0700 (PDT), Jeff Schotland
<kinksfan29@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I was listening to the album McVicar; the soundtrack
>to the 1980 movie. Roger as many of you know is the
>star of the movie. I was looking at the liner notes
>and it said that Kenney, Roger, Pete, and John
>performed on it as well as various artists. Were there
>any videos on MTV when this album came out? It seems
>funny to me that all the Who members are on it but
>it's not a Who album. What do all of you think?

It's one of my favorite albums, and it really does "work" with the
movie. There was a video for "Free Me," which featured a shirtless
Roger in a leather jacket in a rather annoying surrealistic setting.

As for all the members of the band appearing on the soundtrack, but it
not being a Who album, I *think* that they appeared in various songs,
but not necessarily all of them at the same time. IOW, maybe Pete
played on a couple of songs and John played on a couple of other songs
and Kenney on yet a few others. But I could be wrong about that. :-)

There's also been a (relatively?) recent rap song that uses some of
the music and Roger's vocals from "My Time Is Gonna Come" in it. If
anyone is interested in it, you can usually find it on WinMX --
Infinite Mass feat. Roger Daltrey - "Bullet"

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org