Re: Are the Who important? Is ROCK important?

--- gern blanston <gernblanston67@hotmail.com> wrote:
> For example, U2 are important because
> they have grand aspirations
> and are doing things that matter. They put their
> money where their mouths
> are. Plus they still make music. The Who are
> important for their
> contirubtions to rock, but that's a long time ago...

Good point! The Who are only currently important if
they are currently contributing.

That is not to say they weren't important, just that
they aren't as important as they use to be. In the
large scheme of things they contributed some great
music that, even today, still stands the test of time.

My biggest pleasure in this camp would be for The Who
to release new music that could rival U2's last
outing(which IMHO was absolutely amazing)

I will still see 2 shows this summer....but mostly for
a the trip down memory lane...

Long Live Rock

Only a few days left to file! http://taxes.yahoo.ca