Re: are the who important?

Importance is personal.  Music and the music of the Who are important to
me (and you as members of the list) as a fan.

I would say the Who was important in the evolution of rock as a stage show
and took the idea of a concept album to new levels.  They are more
important because they touched many people in many ways...and that is
personal.

There are also many who say bands like Wham or ABC are important.  I think
they are garbage, but that is what makes me a fan.  Many loved Frank
Sinatra or Elvis, I never did...and who am I to judge their importance.

Importance really does not matter in the grand scheme of things.  I mean,
if the WHO, Stones, Beatles, Zep and other never existed, would we have
the music of today or would be have something else?
http://games.yahoo.com/