Re: Are the Who important?

L. Bird wrote:

> Has anyone been following the recent discussion on O&S?  Someone asked if
> The Who are "important," and I don't think the list really came up with a
> good definition of what important means before launching into the
> discussion.
>
> Do any listers here have any comments?  What defines important?

The Who-> have/has influenced POP music
The Who-> have/has influenced POP culture
The Who-> have/has influenced POP theatrics
The Who-> were the 2nd or 3rd band to have thematic LPs
The Who-> created the Rock Opera
The Who-> continue to influence countless new artists
The Who-> created "Intellectual Rock" as a genre
The Who-> were the first true "Punk Band"
The Who-> defined the term "Powerchord"
The Who-> were the first band to use pickslides

The Who-> were, are, and will continue to be, IMPORTANT!

AnEnglishBastard~