big leaps (of imagination)

	>TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes: (NOT PAUL...gee, then who????)
	>Subject: Re: big leaps
>In a message dated 04/19/2002 5:55:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
>TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

Who?

>> Not the way Pete used to do it. Hell, he started on one side and ended
all
>> the
>> way past John. A running leap and then up and crash down onto the knees,
>> following with his slide across the stage. Try it yourself while you're
up
>> on
>> the stage and then tell me it's low impact.
>>
>> magik
>

>Actually, I do that quite regularly at basketball practices with no knee
>pads, bare knees (cause I'm in shorts), and I actually dive head first
after
>a basketball with someone else trying for it as well.  I have never been
>injured doing this, beyond some knee scrapes and a few bruises.  And I do
it
>much more often than Pete would be doing it if he did it every concert
(since
>this year's concert total will be 23 as of now).  I'm not saying he SHOULD
do
>it again, but as much jumping as he does, i guarantee that does more damage

>to the knee than even the most aggressive slide- especially with knee pads
>and a reliable slide.  Now if the stage surface isn't conducive to a slide,

>that's another story.
>
>mc

Ok, I tried, but I can't help myself.  I am weak (where did I hear that
again???).
This is about the most mind-numbing post I've ever read.
So, how is it that you land on your knees again when you dive for a
,.......what was it......oh YEAH a basketball..... HEAD FIRST???????
*THAT's* quite a trick!!!!!!
Man, I've been playing hoops for years, and diving for balls for years, and
could never dive head first and land on my knees.

Oh, and let me *fully* understand you're "logic"......
You are "guaranteeing" that it is more damaging to the knee to *just* jump,
than it is to jump, *and then* crash down on said knees with such force as
to slide all the way across the stage.

Oh, OOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!! And how do knee pads and a "reliable slide" (what ever
the hell that is) contribute more to damaging the knee??????

Shite!  I fell for it again.
I forgot you just like to argue even when obviously, *AND I MEAN OBVIOUSLY*,
are wrong.

I'm sure we'll get a *full* explanation.
Kevin in VT