Re: roger's missed verse in WAY

In a message dated 04/19/2002 5:55:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Quite frankly, I did not hear anyone comment after the show that this was
> left
> out. Since it apparently was left out, it's a WHO CARES moments, IMHO. The
> fact
> that we were in a hall that housed 2,000 people and the fuckin' WHO played
> was
> quite overwhelming.

I wasn't stating it as any sort of criticism, just wondering if people
noticed.  Roger was probably caught up in the energy and emotion of the
concert and his brain just went back to that verse because he sort of forgot
where he was in the song.  I had the same thing happen to me in our last
dress rehearsal of the play I'm in at our school.  I didn't realize until
midway through the last verse of a solo that I had sung the same verse twice
and had to sort of rescue it at the end of the song.  Very few even noticed.
The concert sounded great, though.  And, yes, I definitely don't care that he
missed it, either.  I am also thankful that the Who's live sound is so
different from their studio stuff because it keeps the songs so fresh.  Can't
wait for the West coast shows and MSG #1.

mc