Re: must agree on maher (no Who)

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:01:39 EDT, Zipzorb@cs.com wrote:

>> Now, I'm sorry for your losses but you *must* know that
>>  Maher wasn't *praising* or *condoning* what the hijackers did; he was
>>  just saying that, fucked-up though it may be, it takes guts to pilot a
>plane
>>  into a building.  I think his point was that these terrorists were really
>> ded-
>>  icated to their cause.  And of course, his statement was taken way out of
>>  context & made to look like he was *commending* the hijackers.
>
>My apologies to go off topic but I must address this.Scott,not directed at
>you of course, just responding about Bill Maher who in my non-humble opinion
>is a f*cking MORON!! Why was the statement neccessary to be made anyway?First
>of all,what really pissed me off was following that infamous statement about
>the so-called 'brave' terrorists he then panned our military saying that we
>were the cowards lobbing missiles from our ships thousands of miles
>away.Sorry,but this guy's a putz. If these terrorists were so brave and
>dedicated then why was the ring leader Muhammid Atta and his buddies drinking
>shots and carousing into the wee hours of the morning 24 hours before the
>hi-jacking?Did or does Maher know that the other members of the terrorist
>groups excluding the pilots did not know that they were on a suicide
>mission?Was it brave that this Atta guy ran into a pharmacy begging for a
>solution to ease the pain and swelling of chemicals that he got on his skin
>after handling Anthrax and god knows what other sh*t he was
>handling?Brave?BRAVE?Your the damn coward Mr.Maher!
>
>Mike

I've also seen a photo of Atta, as a young adult, sitting on his
mother's lap. Not the sign of a brave dude, IMO.  :-D

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org