Re: JAE who songs on tour

>So, let me think about this, you're saying that the same onstage
>volume will be acceptable for Pete's hearing condition (I share
>the same condition, btw) when played by another musician,
>rather than Pete himself?
>
>OK, I know that is not really what you are saying, but my
>point is, w/o any difference in volume for volume's sake,
>I'd prefer  the boys play sans other musicians/instruments.

They've arranged things to reduce the volume on Pete's side of the stage.
Notice that in the shows with the big band, all the noise was behind Roger
and John, and Pete played acoustic with only had the backup singers behind
him.

I the recent four-piece shows, Pete has apparently gone to a lot of effort
to find a rig that he can play without hurting his ears.  All the older fans
complain because the strat is thin compared to Pete's sixties and seventies
sound, but that's part of the arrangements.  He's gone to kinder, gentler
amps, too.  John still generates the "wall of sound" when he flips on Little
Manhattan, but Pete doesn't.  Now Pete plays against John's wall.

keets