Re: JAE who songs on tour

magik wrote:

> But it's puzzling they are so apprehensive about playing some of their most
> wonderful stuff. They don't like to practice. And at the same time they don't
> care about making mistakes on stage. Then in that case, play some of the lesser
> played stuff.

You're absolutely right about them not caring, or, at least
not being afraid to make mistakes onstage. While Entwistle
may just be too damn good to make mistakes, Pete, Keith
& Roger have always been willing to stretch and push the
boundaries, with varying degrees of success.

Pete, of all the heavy hitters in the "Rock Gods" of electric guitar,
(well, Jimi also did it) will take chances, make mistakes in the
process, and occasionally break new territory with something
wonderful, fresh & vital. Think about the solo on YMB (which
is Pete's greatest solo ever, IMO) on the '95 or 2001 Collectors
Edition of LAL, and mid solo, he kind of loses it, fumbles a bit,
then comes back in your face with the most powerful solo of his
career, that *I* have ever heard.

Personally, I'd like to see TheWho-> stripped down to a 4 piece,
just Pete, Roger, John and Zak, playing like they did until 1979,
just the 4 guys, raw, most powerful, and, the best thing about
TheWho->, capable of anything *IF* they want to.

Most bands have limitations, some in abundance, but TheWho->
have always been capable of magic, greater than the sum of
its parts, and I'd like to see a return to the magic, rather than
the predictable and routine.

But, you know, I was talking to Mick the other day, and he was
telling me that, "......you can't always get what you want, AEB!"

> No one can touch them. I was kiddin' about
> the garage band stuff. ;-) Just testing to see if anyone was paying attention. I
> was bored!

I just woke up. I spend the day yesterday and the night into
the wee hours alphabetising my vinyl album collection, which
is about 6,000 pieces, (stacked floor to ceiling, on 2x12
redwood planks, 12 feet long), for the first time since I moved
into this apt in Sept. '00, so I slept in a bit.

Man, did I find some treasures I'd forgotten about!!

Now, today it's my CD collection, a few titles short of the LP's,
and far less heavy. But my vinyl is my Holy Grail, for sure.

AnEnglishBoy~