Re: Politically Incorrect

>That is old news.

It's up at the IMDB right now, so I gather that plans for cancellation
are current.  It's kind of a freedom of the press issue, and anyone
concerned about it might want to hit the other news shows and major
newspapers with comments, as well.

> That said, I still wouldn't mind if the show were cancelled.
> Entertainers are not the people I look to for great political
> discussion. I guess I just don't appreciate actors ranting and
> making one-sided jokes about issues they know nothing about. At
> the very least, the show is not "an excellent forum for
> discussion" and is definitely not related in any way to ABC
> News. It's a comedy show, period. Give me David Letterman and
> Conan O'Brien any day.

No, this is a real news show.  I do think that Bill gets a little
carried away with his own opinions sometimes and so interferes with the
discussion, but still he's been very good to present issues related to
the music business as well as other items of national interest.  Also,
I agree that some of the guests are less than intelligent and aware of
the issues.  But some of them are really sharp and politically aware,
too.

There seems to be a fairly equal balance of entertainers and
politicians/activists on the show, but whatever, you can't say that
actors and musicians are unpolitical.  Anyone with celebrity has the
potential to influence issues, and some, like Ronald Reagan and Sonny
Bono, have gone into politics in a serious way.  Also, wealthy actors
and musicians are in a position to fight extremely expensive legal
battles where ordinary citizens only get screwed over.

We've gotten some interesting views from Roger both times that he's
been on the show, and some *extremely* interesing views from some
rappers and hip hop artists that I wouldn't have thought had so much
economic savvy.  Because of the format, you often get honest
opinions--something you don't always get from other news shows.

LB

=====
...you're dicing with the devil.  ;)
http://taxes.yahoo.com/