Re: Do We Need Another Bass Solo?

The problem with the bass solo on 5:15 is the short
duration between the cyclic progression turnaround
that limits John's ability to truly stretch out and PLAY
something of substance. He's got what, 2 bars/measures
to play with before the turnaround cuts off his ability
to play.

By the 2nd time I'd heard it I was BORED, and wanted
it to stop. We could have had 2 other songs in the time
he soloed monotonously, repetitively, and boringly on
5:15.

Another song might provide an opportunity for us to
really hear him play.

AEB~