Re: Need some help with something

In a message dated 4/9/02 11:46:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Sroundtable@aol.com writes:

> I'm lookin for some pro-Moon ammo to use when I have them in class again
> tomorrow.  Anybody care to help?  Don't get me wrong, I love Zepp, but I
> want to argue Moon's case with a fully loaded gun.

My argument for a healthy Keith would be that he was never boring.  He was
never predictable and just had more innate talent.  John Bonham practiced the
drums and was more disciplined, but Keith could blow him away anyhow,
especially back  when the Who were hungry.  The drumming was dangerous and
exciting and it complimented Pete's style of play perfectly.

 They had two completely different styles of playing the drums. JB played
with JPJ and in the back as a solid backing for JP's riffs and solos. There
was a jazzy, funky feel to Zeppelin.  The Who were straight forward and
totally white. The vibe was anger and Keith was threatening and out front
with Pete in a sort of sixth sense. But the sense of humor behind it all kept
them so interesting!  Keith was fluid and did many unimaginable things that
he created on the spot all by himself. I have heard many people copy John
Bonham beat for beat, but I have never heard anyone copy Keith Moon properly.
Not even Zak. He had is own feel. Now go and listen to LAL Amazing Journey
and then listen to him catch fire with Pete on Sparks.  We take it for
granted because we have heard it created already, but who else in the world
could have even thought to drum those songs that way? Not John Bonham. Keith
was just totally unique.

Jon in MI.