Re: Rock Writer Retires

> There's a great little article in our Florida Today People section
> today.  A small black and white photo of The Who with Jane Scott (circa
> 1967) first attracted my attention.

Living in N.E. Ohio, I've enjoyed her writing for years.  She's now this little,
old, diminutive lady who pops-up at almost *any* rock show.  And I mean
*any.*  She sat by me at a Cramps show in the late 80's.  I swear to God.
And she was like a hundred years old even back then!

> How nice they chose The Who rather than some other possibility.  :)

That story's been covered quite a lot in the local press & they're always
quick to mention her meeting the Beatles & Stones, but I haven't heard
the "W"-word mentioned yet.  Bastards.

And you're lucky - they usually print the picture of her with the Beatles.

- SCHRADE in Akron