keith's drumming on WAY and 1978 review

This is a bit odd.  I think Keith's drumming is great in everything I've heard, but of course I know litle about what makes drumming good other than what pleases my ears.  However, I read a review (i think i got the link from this list) that criticizes the WAY album and especially describes Moon's drumming as "pedestrian" and "uninspired" compared to his earlier work.  I have now read several posts here that rave about keith's drumming as amazing on WAY.  Can anyone explain what might have caused the writer state that about Keith, or was he just full of shit and ignorant about what makes good drumming.  To remind ya'll, the article was from 1978 and the reviewer wrote that he disliked the album at first but after listening a number of times it was growing on him.  He also criticized Roger for attacking every single song with ferocious, angry vocals and that Pete had overused the synthesizer and softened the guitar too much.  I would love to hear some thoughts from people on this.

kevin mc