Tampa 2000

>Subject: Tampa 2000
>From: thewho rocks <leb905@yahoo.com>
>
>I randomly encountered a local Who fan today, and I asked if he had
>made the Tampa 2000 show.  The response was that he tried to get tix,
>but it was sold out.  That was interesting, as I thought Tampa was one
>of the shows that didn't sell out.  Does anybody else have stats on
>this?

By PHILIP BOOTH, Times Correspondent
) St. Petersburg Times, published September 27, 2000
"About 12,000 fans were treated to sturdy, often even exciting performances
of familiar favorites during a concert that began and ended with two songs
dating back 35 years."

"Townshend, Daltrey and company retrieve the vigor of the '60s in an
inspired 2 1/2-hour show for 12,000 Tuesday night at the Ice Palace."

"Tom Wilson enters his third season as Chief Executive Officer and Governor
for the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Ice Palace. Wilson assumed his position
within the organization in the summer of 1999 after engineering Palace
Sports and Entertainment's purchase of the Lightning and the leaseholding
rights to the 21,500-seat arena"

Granted you lose seats by setting up a stage, but this doesn't sound
convincing of a sell out.

Kevin in VT