quick review of RAH 2000 (actually, it turned out not be quick)

I don't have a DVD player, so I had planned to wait and buy the DVD till
after I got one, but I was at BEST BUY and happened accross it so I got it.
INCREDIBLE!  I now have the sound of Roger's CFNY voice from BBE and WGFA out
of my head and have his voice from this show in it, thank god.  Here are a
few notes if anyone is interested.  I realize most of you have probably seen
it.

1. Can't Explain was searing.  Tremendous opening.  Cranking on all
cylinders.  Best version I have heard, period.

2. Relay was absolutely phenomenal.  They should have this in every setlist
they do from now on.

3. Bargain floored me.  I do prefer the harder sound of the 71 Live version
from frisco, but I was amazed that Roger can still nail that high note so
well.  Some of the piano additions to it from Rabbit I liked, also.  Maybe a
little too much of the synth.  Slowed things down a bit too much for my taste.

4. Magic Bus I also enjoyed thoroughly.  Pete seemed to genuinely enjoy Roger
going to town on the harmonica.  It was nice to see.  Enjoyed the
improvising/addition of some lines.

5. TKAA was really nice, too.  I enjoyed this version much more than I
thought I would when Pete introduced it.

6. My Generation- much enjoyed Roger's addition of lines (Pete wrote them I
assume?) while Pete changed out guitars.

7. 5.15- this is a song I like, but don't love.  Great performance, though.
The "bass cam" was pretty cool and that solo was breathless, if maybe a
trifle long.

8. Substitute- really enjoyed this with kelly jones.  I had never heard him
before and thought he did a solid job.  He seemed pretty in awe of Pete, tho,
which was cool.

9. The Real Me was flat jaw-dropping.  Loved it!!  The version I downloaded
from 96, i think, was pretty weak in my opinion.  It was either 96 or 2000,
but Roger didn't attack the high notes at all, and did no "woh!!" before
"doctoe" or "mother."  This one he drilled it all perfectly.  Sounded
incredible.

10. See me, feel me- great to hear a more modern version of this.  Rog
sounded pretty vintage for most of it.  Thought Pete might open up a bit more
and finish with some violent windmills, but I guess with all the kids on the
stage it was difficult.

Guests: I would prefer to hear Roger before Eddie Vedder any day (not that
Eddie was bad at this).  Same with Bryan Adams (big time prefer Rog), but his
BBE was pretty good, I thought.  Kennedy was awesome.  Noel Gallagher was
very good, but still prefer to hear Pete do all that.  Mentioned Kelly Jones
already.  Paul Weller's acoustic stuff with Pete was real nice.  Nice voice
contrast to Pete's harmony.  A nice interlude from the hard stuff.

There it is.  I welcome any and all criticisms, opinions, etc.  If this is
too dated for people, won't bother me if it is ignored.

mc