RAH DVD

Okay, we gotta hear from somebody 15-20 years old on this one.  Where
are you guys and gals?

I didn't get what I wanted from it, but I suspect it's VERY well done
by today's standards, and that there's plenty of video material in
there to be cut out for VH1.  The killer shot is the one down the neck
of John's bass.  Take my word for it--that will rival the zillion
dollar video Aerosmith just made.  In a word, this is surreal.

Another killer shot is Roger's mike going by the camera--he really let
that one out.  The dips and swoops and sideways angles are part of the
artistic vision.  So who is this guy Carruthers (the director)?
Anybody know?  Related to Salvadore Dali, maybe?

The sound is an excellent selling point.  I don't have any sound system
at all hooked up to the DVD player--it just played through my el cheapo
TV speakers and still I could tell it's got lots of resonance and tone.
 Digital media seem to rob acoustic guitars until sometimes all you get
is a rattle from the strings, but the guitar Pete played for "Drowned"
was absolutely gorgeous, and a couple of times the electric produced
that impressionistic drone I heard in a couple of the summer shows
(though unfortunately you couldn't really hear John and Zak behind it).

The lighting is great, too.  Despite what Brian said about wrinkles,
there aren't many to be seen.  For one thing, Pete and Roger jump
around until you can't focus on them, and all the time the camera is
jumping around, too.  A few great shots of Pete, showing the lovely
profile, and some decent ones of Roger, too, who turned out very blond.
 John managed to stand gracefully amid all the carnage, and looked
slightly warped from the camera on his bass.  (Finally a true vision!)

I think this video will drive me crazy, but there's some very
contemporary artistic material in there, which would make you suspect
they mean to use it.  In shorter bits, it would be very jaw-dropping.

LB

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
http://phone.yahoo.com