If they were part of the benefit....

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 20:23:21 +0200
> From: fox <l.van.kammen@chello.nl>
> Subject: Re: re-new LAL
>
> >'Avatar'.
> >
> >Does anyone think it likely that The Who might do a show or two for the
> >victims
> >and families of the recent tradgedy ? I think that would be wonderful if they
> >did.
> >Regards,
> >Derick.
>
> I dont think they do a show for that matter. I kinda expected them to
> participate in the recent fund-raising tv-show. Guess they werent
> asked.
> But Townshend and The Who are known for their work in charity. The
> Royal Albert Hall show last year, was for charity

Funny, I was thinking about what they would play if they were asked to joing last Friday night,
and I could only think
that After The Fire may fit theoretically, however, these days songs with such "realistic"
lyrics, "the fire still burns.."
probably would be poo-poo'd by the producers of the show....

What other songs, if none were written in a hurry, would seem appropriate from them to tribute
the victims/heroes or the
tradegy in a whole?  Naked Eye perhaps...?