Re: Live at Leeds sales figures

The sales rank doesn't tell you how many it's sold.  Their system gives
you what seems to be it's standing in the category, say "books" or
"popular music."  I don't always see it on their items, but a while
back I listed the ranks of all The Who albums, and Leeds (the official
release) came out right on top.  This might be more a reason for MCA to
request the Leeds TOMMY release than the bootleg.  Regardless of the
bad-mouthing that it's getting here and on alt.music.who, the Deluxe
Edition is standing at 25 at Amazon.com tonight.  It that holds, it
will sell quite well.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005NB0H/qid=1001119545/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_7_1/104-6857801-0945510

Look just below the "Buy and Sell Used Items" box and you'll see the
"Sales Rank" line.

LB

> Where exatcly on Amazon.com can you see how many copies any title has
> sold?
>
> >>Check the sales figures at Amazon.com.  Leeds is by far their
> biggest seller, and likely lines the pockets of execs at MCA.  Leeds
is what MCA wanted, so that's what it is.  And Brian already said Pete
likely had to make adjustments before everybody would agree to the
release<<

> Also, IT DOESN'T SUCK!!!!!! Form your own opinion.  Beauty, in this
> case, is in the ear of the be-holder.

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.