Re: New Scientist Magazine article

http://www.petetownshend.com/pr_display.cfm?id=237&zone=pr
> Is the Internet the beginning of a war between the music industry and
> music artists?

It's been going on for a while, and the record companies are
maneuvering heavily to get control of the Internet.  We've discussed
this before, with the statement made that the Internet benefits
established artists moreso than new one.  We'll have to see how that
works out.

One thing about it, new artists will have to change their focus for it
to work for them.  As far as I know, signing with a label is still
their major goal, and the indication they've "made it!"

LB

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.